“I’m Susan, I love kids, and I love being a parent. I know how difficult parenting can be, but I also know that sometimes we make it harder than it needs to be.
I will teach you new parenting strategies that will last a lifetime, give you tips and tools to help you normalize the chaos, remind you to find the humor and fun of parenting, and offer an instant dose of sanity whenever one is needed.”
~ Susan Stone Belton
Susan’s parenting strategies and effective communication skills have improved the lives of hundreds of parents and children. She’s caring, wise and funny. She won’t quote scientific studies or psychological theories, and she won’t lecture you. She will teach you and your family how to create warm and loving relationships, free of the conflict and stress that is all too familiar to many of today’s families.
Her extensive experience with parents and children and her gift for understanding human nature have made Susan one of the nation’s fastest rising parent and kid coaches and motivational speakers. Her humor, her communication skills, and her confident voice contribute to Susan’s professionalism and effectiveness.
- Raised on the South Side of Chicago by a divorced working mom
- Began babysitting at age 10, eventually saving enough to put herself through college
- Worked with special needs children as a camp counselor and in a therapeutic horseback riding program
- First and only female sports broadcaster on college radio station
- Earned a teaching credential in Special Education at age 21 from Illinois State University
- Taught teenagers with emotional and behavioral problems in juvenile hall
- Led Gymboree classes for babies and toddlers
- Operated home-based preschools
- Taught court-ordered parenting classes for abusive parents
- Managed a domestic violence batterers treatment program
- Ran crisis hotlines for parents and teens
- Certified in Critical Incident Stress Debriefing, providing support in crisis situations
- Presented several hundred talks to parent and children groups
- Coach parents, kids, and families to resolve challenges and improve relationships
- Raised a son and daughter who are now successful young adults
- Brings a wide range of hands-on experience with children of all ages and with families of all nationalities and socio-economic groups
- Shares a unique gift for listening fairly, understanding what is being said and offering valuable feedback
- Worked with thousands of kids and adults over the past 40 years
- Has experience as a child and an adult with divorce, remarriage and blended families